Wednesday 29 August 2012

Chocking I know!

Hello my friends! I am back for the second day in a row. Can't remember when that happened last time. LoL Finally seeing the light of the tunnel, the meeting I was so stressed out about is over and went fine. I think I love the Employment office at the moment. LoL Such lovely lady that will be my contact person there, now I can relax and make the best of something that most people wouldn't enjoy doing. I see this as the start of my new job and I will totally do my best to make it work. Tomorrow it's time for the final (?) meeting with my psychologist and then I can do weekend. If the kids wasn't sick... How typical isn't that? When you have the preoccupied week in ages, the kids get sick. Just have to like it, right? Couldn't have done this week without my mum. Thanks for your help!


So I actually have a card as well. Yepp! It's true, I have managed to fininsh a card that isn't a design team card. That is also the first time in ages. Have been looking forward to using some of my stamps, but in the end I used a digital one anyway. This one is from Sugar Nellie and is called Warm Winter Wishes, also found in rubber. I have had this little cutie coloured for a while now but hasn't managed to get it on to a card before. I have coloured it with my Prisma pencils, still learning but if feels like I'm getting there. I took inspiration from the Emperor Penguins that has little tassels in their ears and some yellow oranges around here and there.

My designer papers are from Bearly Mine Design and from the digi kit called Christmas Fun. The sketch I have followed is from the Sugar Bowl. Have just sneaked in a little doily in between as I wanted to break the  colours up a little bit. Sentiment stamp from LOTV, dotty stamp from Stempel glade. Ribbon and buttons from The Glitterpot, metal corner from WOC and wooden snowflake from BunnyZoes. I think that cover it all. Hope you like it!

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
The Sugar Bowl - Sketch and (love theme, there is after all a warm hug and some hearts)
Creative Card Crew - Christmas
Everybody Art Challenges - Anything goes
Paper and Such Design blog - Wings n things
Tammy's scrapin Corner Challenges - Lots of layers (second entry)

Also the Sugary Sundays over at Facebook with the theme of buttons this time.... If I can figure out how it works. No big fan of Facebook...




15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is so lovely,great image and colouring.xxx

Janet - aka stacky said...

Your card is so lovely love the image and fab papers brilliant design too xx

Unknown said...

What a great job.
I am so loving this creation. I hope that you have a great day.
Thanks for supporting us!
Hugs
Tammy Ortiz
Founder of
Tammy Scrapin Corner

Skye said...

Lovely card. A very sweet image beautifully coloured
Thank you for your nice comments on my blog

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Stunning card with this sweet image and fab embellishments!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Karen Petitt said...

Stunning card Maria, glad to hear that the meetings are over with and you can let go of that stress. Wonderful papers, the image is beautifully coloured and the embellishments perfect Karen xx

Cheryl said...

Your card is so sweet! I love how you colored this adorable image. Thank you for joining the "Wings & Things" challenge at Paper and Such.

--Cheryl--

Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Marie, lovely papers and such a cute image.
Pauline
x

Jan said...

This is great thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

G8country life said...

Hi Marie,
Your card is so adorable, I like the buttons and the wooden snowflake. We're glad you join us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Good luck this week hope to see you next week too. Elisa

Pami said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marie! Thanks for sharing with us at The Sugar Bowl this week, good luck! Pami x

Denise @ kc242 said...

Such a lovely Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at the creative card crew for our challenge. Good Luck!
Denise
CCC-DT
I have blog candy available through Sept if you are interested!

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card Marie, love how youve coloured your penquins and the papers and layout are fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Deanette said...

Cute Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

Erika said...

Marie what a beautiful Christmas card I love the papers, postage stamp and wooden snowflake, great combo. Thanks for taking part in the Sugar Bowl...we have another challenge up too. Sorry this is so late, happy crafting!
Hugs Erika.