Wednesday 6 March 2013

Happy Easter

Can you believe it? I am back again. LoL This time with spring feelings. For the first time in years I think, I have made an Easter card. I don't celebrate that very much, it's normally just a few free days off together with the family. However, this is one of the newest images from the Paper Shelter and it's both sweet and fun at the same time, so how could I resist it?

I really had a messy day yesterday. Called the doc for my ear that still isn't well. Got there and he found nothing, but was kind enough to worry about me when I told him that I feel sea sick and have a truck in my right ear. LoL Well it sounds like it at least. He called the Ear Nose Throat Clinic to check with them what to do. I who never managed to be any lucky at all got an appointment an hour later. Of course I had forgot my phone at home and having a kid that needed to be picked up... What to do? Take the bus to my dad's work, to use his phone and got the hold of Mats, my partner so he could pick up P. while I spent the rest of the day at the ENT clinic. Sounds like fun? Well, at least there was no nerve damage to my face as the first doc had feared (not telling me about it). And my ear will heal, it will just take a little longer than it normally does as I am having some "healing trouble". It takes quite a long time for a tiny little wound to heal for me as I have over mobilty syndrome. Have no clue what it can be called in English. It makes it harder for the broken parts to heal among other things. And the best part is that they will check my hearing in a month or so. It has been a bit strange the last couple of months. I am grateful, but very tired. :)

I managed to find some spring papers in my stash that is way to big and I probably should not buy any more designer papers for the coming next two or three years, just to get down to a "normal" standard of designer papers. What is it about papers that you just want more and more? This collection is from First Edition if I remember right and is called Spring drop. I am not a big fan of the messed up papers, that means the ones that is covered in glitter and and other strange stuff. But as long there is kids around they always come to use anyway. After all, every now and then I give away stuff that I don't use anymore to the school and day care where my kids spend their days and they put it all to good use. And I get a little room for some new stuff, but still, I really shouldn't get any more new designer papers...


Back to my card, I never stay on track do I? LoL The image is from Paper Shelter, I wrote that, yes? It's called Easter Mischief and of course you find it in the Paper Shelter store. It's coloured with my normal Letraset family and the sentiment is made in the computer. It says "Happy Easter" in Swedish.

Some die cuts is used from the paper pad (the eggs), a grass die from CC Designs and a border punch from Fiskars is also used. The flowers is also made with a punch, maybe from Woodware.  And why am I telling you all this you ask? Well, our theme this week over at the Paper Shelter is punches and dies, so why don't you come and join us? Some buttons from Joanna Sheen and pearls from Bunny Zoe is used for the flower centers. For the first time since forever have I also made some paper distressing with a T. H. tool.


As always for our wonderful challenges over at the Paper Shelter we have a gift certificate up for grabs worth $30 if you play with a TPS product. Using another brand gives you the chance of winning 3 digis of your choice. So an easy challenge punches and dies, and some new wonderful teamies is joining us from this week. So pop by and come play with us, the challenge is easy!

Love n crafty hugs

Marie

Ps: Also a big thank you to the lovely crafters over at PFP that picked my round card as one of the top fives for last weeks challenge. Love to you all! xx

Challenges for this card
Creative Card Crew - Ribbon
Digital Tuesday Challenges - Buttons or bling (have both but the glitter on the eggs doesn't show that well)
Paper Take Weekly - Anything goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Die cuts
Lexi's creations Challenges - Easter

12 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sweetheart, Im so glad that the doctor has at last sorted you ear problem out, a bit late but at last if should be taken seriously.
Your card is just stunning and yes Im in the same boat with so many paper pads, I have several boxes of them and yes perhaps I shouldnt buy anymore either. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Joey said...

Hiya Marie, this card made me smile how much fun is this image! Joey xx

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Marie - sorry it's such a struggle for you right now. It's not fair, and I know it doesn't change things saying that, but it does help a little with the frustration at times.
Is it, in English, hyper mobility syndrome? Sounds like it, but not sure - you can google the phrase to see if that applies to you hun.
I have similar issues because my immune syndrome is compromised because of the RA/fibromyalgia and the drugs I take to 'help'. I had an ear problem last year after catching a nasty cold. It took 3 months to go but when it did it was fab!
I think most of us have a thing for paper - you are not alone with that obsession!! Gorgeous card, hope you feel much better soon Karen x

Sheryl said...

Hi Marie, I hope you are beginning to feel a little better. At least now the hospital is going to keep an eye on you things should get sorted. I love your card. It is so bright and cheerful.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time lately! It is a beautiful card though, and I love the co-ordinating ribbon and papers. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Card Crew this fortnight!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love this image it really made me smile, You have done it proud with your lovely colouring and layout. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Card Crew.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxxxx

Athina said...

Great layout and I love the distressing. The image is just adorable. Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

Tracey said...

This is fab Marie & such fun :o)
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shelby Goolsby said...

I am so sorry that ear is giving you so much trouble. I can't imagine how painful that must be. I will pray for it to heal quickly. Your card is the cutest!! I just love the eggs and all of the cute little flowers. Have a good weekend.
Hugs,Shelby

Nela said...

Stunning creation in beautiful colors!
Have a nice Sunday!
Nela

Maya Ariffin said...

I love your card & love the colour too. Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Maya xx

Unknown said...

So adorable and wonderful cheerful colors! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!