Wednesday 23 October 2013

Easel card

Morning to you all once again! We are really in the season of fall by now as it's getting really dark. It's only a few days before we move the clock back and the dark season starts for real.

This card is a dt-card for the Paper shelter as always on Wednesdays. This weeks theme is Easel cards of all kinds but it must show that shape. :) I love making this kind of cards but I really, really hate taking photos of them. It's so hard, I really need a good class of using lights in the right way and getting myself some good old lamps for this. Oh well, I can only dream of it for now, but one day! :)


Ok then, bad pictures but I love how the card turned out IRL. I have coloured with my Letraset family. And the designer papers comes from Dovecraft Back to Basic Christmas. To decorate the card have I used some flowers from WOC and I am Roses. Some hemp string to tie a few bows, some red bells and a bunch of die cuts from Magnolia and Memory box. Some pearls and pearl stars is also used. The trees is covered with some snow tex and then I added some glitter to it as well. The sentiment says Merry Christmas in Swedish and is made with alpha stickers from my stash, they could be from Panduro but I am not sure. Stickles is also used on the the flowers for a festive look. :)



The image is called A Marshmallow for the Christmas Elf. Isn't he the cutes ever seen? If you want to see a wonderful use of this image take a look at my teamie's card here. It's to die for. I normally don't link like this but I totally adore the card Lena made with this image. It's so different from mine and looks totally amazing!


Here is a little view of the "down" part of the card. Sentiment in Swedish and a simple decoration. After all I want to be able to send the card to someone without paying a fortune for the postage.



As always we have our $30 gift voucher up for grabs if you play with a TPS product and you really should go and take a look of what's added to the store lately. There is some totally adorable smashing new images. Like a new fabby looking angel, some sweet wonderful Santas etc. Go on over and take a look for yourself and if you still doesn't want to play with a TPS image, you can still enter our challenges with another brand having the chance of winning three digis of your choice.

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Make it Monday - Always anything goes



8 comments:

Pat K said...

Adorable card Marie...beautiful colours and I love how he toasted his marshmallow perfectly. hugs, Pat K x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, wow stunning card love your colouring and your card design. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Karen Petitt said...

So gorgeous! Love the image, your colouring, use of colour and details make this a truly beautiful Xmas card x

Gail said...

What a fabulous easel card! I love the traditional red and green...and what caught my eye was the little detail of the toasted side of the marshmallow! What a great little touch! Beautiful diecut trees...this is an awesome easel card! --Gail

Heather said...

Hi Marie - hope you are well!!! Hmmm - it is getting dark at night again, now snow as yet but it is forecasting much this winter - yuckkk!!!
Your card is gorgeous - I love your design and colours - your image is just delightful - beautifully coloured and fabulous embellishments!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Marie. Such lovely papers and of course, an adorable image.

coops said...

so gorgeous marie.adorable sweet image and i love your fabulous design and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Lena said...

Hej Marie!!

Vilket underbart kort du gjort!!
Härlig färgläggning!!
Tack för de värmande orden om mitt kort med samma motiv..:-) Jätteroligt att du gillade det...

Hoppas vi klarar oss undan stormen!!
Vi är lediga imorgon så det blir pysseldag ;-)

Stor kram Lena