Tuesday 14 January 2014

It's a fairytale

Morning to you all. Hope you're all having a great week. Mine could be better I feel, but there is still plenty of days to change that. Sometimes it's really hard to feel grateful about anything and yesterday was awful yet again. Still feeling a bit down and you know, like half sick all the time. And then on top of it all every single buss I needed to go on was late, but don't think for a minute that it was that perfect way when everything runs smoothly because of the delay. Oh no! To move from point A to point B which is about 10 kms it took me 1,5 hours to get where I was going, each way! Looking at the bus timetable it should take about 40 minutes. Sure it's cold and icy at the moment. But last week we had 8 degrees and still delays like this. So sick and tired of it! I am about to be a venomous person any day now. And I feel sorry for that poor bus driver that will come in my way then. I don't think that it's the drivers fault but they are the ones that will have to take it. Ok, thank you. It feels better now and I will start being grateful that I didn't have to walk that way with all the books I have to bring with me each day. lol

So to the first card of the day. We have a new challenge up over at Passion for Promarkers for you today. The theme set is "Just a fairytale" (princes, princesses, castles etc, anything you can think of when it comes to a fairy tale). To play with us you need to use colouring products from Letraset. Letraset is also the sponsor of this challenge.


I actually had a bit of a problem with this challenge as I wasn't in the mood for either princesses or princes. Then I got a picture in my head and kind of knew what I wanted to do, but that fell apart to as I didn't find any image to match my plan. So plan B it was and I went with a castle to follow the theme and then added a dragon trainer from the Paper Shelter. I love the look of the dragon as it looks something like a snake and bird at the same time. However, I might have made the image a bit too small as it's drowning a bit in the back ground.

I was a good gal anyway and got the card done and I used only left overs. How great isn't that? The dp's are old ones from Magnolia. The text sentiment is also from Magnolia and the flowers are mostly from WOC and I am Roses. The pearl sprays made into circles are from ROX stamps. Some sparkle is added with the help of stickles.

Ok, this is all for now. Time to hit the books again, I am soon to be a financial genius keeping this up. LoL Do come and play with us, it will be fun and I would really love to leave you all some comments to have a reason to break from the studies.

Love n hugs
Marie

6 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Good morning, Marie! It seems 2014 doesn't want to be nice for you! It can be very draining when everything seems to be going against you and if you're feeling 100% too...
Sweet card! Love the pretty papers, gorgeous embellies and your use of those 2 fab images! Hugs, Lisa x

Marjorie said...

Beautiful card Marie, love the image and your design is gorgous.. Such a lovely scene:)
Hope your day is better tomorrow lol!!
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Loopylou. said...

oh Marie, its gorgeous hunny, love the castle in the background!
huge hugs Lou xx

Annelie said...

Lika positiv som jag ser jag, det är bra, man ska alltid försöka se det positiva i eländet :-) - Jag själv är tex såå tacksam att jag landade på min vänstra höft & arm idag när jag halkade omkull på promenaden, de har jag ju redan ont i då märker man ju inte av det lika mycket ;-)
Superfint kort i härliga färger!
Kramar Annelie

Julie said...

This is fabulous, Marie - love the scene, especially the castle and cloud background, Hugs, Juliexx

coops said...

so gorgeous maria.really pretty image and I love your fabulous castle and stunning colours ;D

xx coops xx