Tuesday 10 June 2014

One for the boys / men


Morning and welcome back to my little corner of the world. It's Tuesday and time for a new wonderful challenge over at Passion for Promarkers. This week's theme is set to "One for the Boys / men". This is actually one of my favourite themes. Maybe because I always have two tons of cards to make for the boys? With two sons there is always birthday cards that needs to be done for class mates, soccer friends and what more friends they might have. A never ending story and I just love making them. :)

This card is made for well, I don't really remember who got it but at least I know that I have used a Lili of the Valley stamp from a few years back. Had lots of fun colouring this one. I don't remember who has made the designer papers. The only thing I know is that I almost end up using them during the winter season. They are "Halloweenish". (Heard that word before?) The sad thing is that they are all gone soon and then I need to find something else. Summer season is for Echo Park. LoL Happy bright colours. So why not use them this time. Wasn't in the mood. LoL


I have used some dark green twine and quite big skull charm as decorations for this card. And to pick up on "all" the water that goes with this image I have used some clear dew drops in the corners of the card. And I think that the inspiration for the card came from a Papertake Weekly Sketch. I tend to fall back on those when my brain goes out of business, which is quite often in other words. LoL


Sponsoring this fun challenge is Letraset but what the prize is, is yet to be figured out when I wrote this post. Then only thing I can be sure of is that it's something great and I probably want it. Can we settle for that for now?

Anyway, I hope that you will come and join us in this fun adventure and make some great male cards for us to see and for your loved ones to recieve.

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

4 comments:

Ella's Design said...

I love this sweet little pirate card, Marie and like you, having 2 boys tend to make more male creations for my own use! I also find them easier because they don't need so much froo froo - a great sketch and you're there! Hugs, Lisa x

Marjorie said...

Awh! This is just so darn cute Marie, I have this image too, really must get it inked up!!
Hope all is well with you hun:)
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card!!!

coops said...

so stunning mariei love your pirate image and your charm is fabulous :D

xx coops xx