Tuesday 3 March 2015

Lovely lilac and lemon

New challenge over at Passion for Promarkers this week the theme is Lovely Lilacs and lemon. A nice and easy challenge for you now when spring is on it's way.

All the world champion ships of skiing is over for this time and now more time to craft, if  I just hadn't turned my craft room over to a mess. Well, actually that room is starting look tidy but the rest of the house, maybe not that much. My whole living room is filled with my craft stuff and my desks and drawers and you name it. It's such a mess! But will be worth it in the end. I had just planned to paint one of my walls. Well, I am now heading from three walls and wall paper on the fourth. Not much but it will look great I think. Anyway, I am so pleased with my almost nutsy decition to pain the walls dark, daaark, daaaaark green. Almost black. It it totally smashing.

The feeling of the room is that it will be little and I need more light sourses in there but it will be great. Luckly I decided to go white on my furniture in there so it will be great and give some light to the room. I can't wait to get this finished that's for sure. I will even have a new floor and roof. I am kind of robbing my kid of that. His room should have been done first but one thing led to another and so on. It's a bit hard on my crafting at the moment. Have stuff everywhere and in the middle of it all one of my cats sits and looks at me like I am totally crazy. The worst part is that he probabaly is right. LoL


Well my friends now when I have written what I felt I need to get of my chest I am ready to tackle my card for today. We have the theme of lovely lilacs and lemons this week and then I thought: Ok not my colours but I want to do something nice with the theme anyway, challenge myself so a big dive into some wooden mounted stamps that I've had for a few years. Looked at them again and thought why not? So an enormous lilac stamp fitting the theme became my choice. Colour it in with my letraset markers and found real joy in that. It looks ok and then the hunt for the dps; Maja design came to my rescue again and found  matching dps.

My card looks like this and I build up a fairly big flower cluster in matching colours. Not very easy this time. I just with I could have done it a bit smaller, but at least it looks kind of nice. Then some pearls and a piece of lace that matched into the creation as well. Over all it looks quite ok and I am please with the card. And I remember why I don't use that stamp that often. Its really big and hard to get a crisp image from when you stamp it. A bit hard to colour too but this went ok.

Some green stiff string from prima, glitter glue, tons of flowers and pearls is used to decorate the card. Some lace tide into a bow and a heart shaped charm to finish it all of and the card is done, almost. I did also use some glossy accent to highlight the water drops on the leaf and then added a fem more around the card.


crafty-sentiment-designs-127-c[ekm]167x180[ekm]
Sponsoring us over at Passion for Promarkers this week is Crafty Sentiments Designs - three (3) digis is up for grabs this week. And they are of the winners choice. Couldn't be any better could it? 

Love n hugs

Marie


Challenges for this card
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes + optional flowers
Clear it out challenges - Anything goes + Anthing goes of stash (dp's in this case)
TTCRD - Anything goes
Try it on Tuesday - Pearls for girls
Bunny Zoes - For the girls

7 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautifull image and card Ginny x

Nikki Acton said...

Beautiful layering on this wonderfully elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Nikkixx

froebelsternchen said...

Beautiful make!

Margik said...

This card is so fabulous, I love the beautiful image and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
Mar x

Tina Goodwin said...

I absolutely love this card! My grandma had a Lilac tree in front of her house. I can look at this card and almost smell the flowers. You have colored the image beautifully. I also love all the layers, flowers and that stiff green string is awesome! Seriously...this card is way better than OK! Thank you for joining the challenge at Through the Craft Room Door. Hope your craft space is finished soon!
Tina DT

coops said...

so stunning marie.the floral image is really beautiful and i love your pretty details and soft colours ;D

xx coops xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful! One of my favourite flowers!