Friday 31 July 2015

Christmas carol or song inspired card (from the title)

Morning and hello! How are you? It's Friday again and I have been working my first week since the vacation. I am really tired now that's for sure. Not only that it has been my first week back work training, my youngest has also had surgery. Lot more energy went too that than I thought. It was done Tuesday and he is still feeling a bit blurry, just like his mum at the moment. LoL

We have a new challenge up for you today over at the Winter Wonderland and this time we want you to be inspired by a Christmas song/carol's title. Like "Santa Claus is coming to town", "Let it Snow" etc. I went with "Let it snow" myself as I really find these challenges hard. Being inspired by something: a song, a picture, colours. I don't know why. It just is like that. Maybe I could have gone with "Frosty the snowman" as well.

Anyway, my picture is a bit strange again. I have a new fancy camera and I have not had the time to learn how to make all the programming to it yet. So it's a bit strange in colours. I couldn't get the white balance to work. Too many buttons to work out how to use and I have missplaced the instructions. I will learn, just wait and see.

Both part of the team is taking part in this challenge (it's four weeks long) and we have a long list of sponsors for the challenge as well. It's our summer break challenge and it will last most of August so plenty of time for you all to create some great Christmas card that you know you will be needing really soon. LoL

Little Claire who are offering this fabulous set of images
 

Marianne Designs who are giving this wonderful prize

Crafter's Companion who are giving a £10 voucher to spend in store

Bunny Zoe's who are offering a £10 voucher to spend in store


Anyway, my picture is a bit strange again. I have a new fancy camera and I have not had the time to learn how to make all the programming to it yet. So it's a bit strange in colours. I couldn't get the white balance to work. Too many buttons to work out how to use and I have missplaced the instructions. I will learn, just wait and see.

The image I have used is from the Paper Shelter and one of my favourite winter images. For some reason I have a big love for snowmen. They always look so jolly. :) I have paired him up with some of my favourite Christmas/winter designer papers as well from Dovecraft. Have to add the name to that later on. The sketch used is from the latest challenge over at Papertake weekly. Always great sketches.

As for now I need to go to bed. It's 02:30 in the morning here and as I got stuck watching some episodes of Rizzoli and Isles that I had recording being away. Love the show just had the chance to watch them. With both kids and partner home there isn't much "me-time" at the moment. Three more weeks and then they are back to work and school again.

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Papertake weekly - Take your pick (sketch and product theme)
TTCRD - Anything goes

6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card design love the colour combo Ginny x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Hi Marie
Lovely card. I like the unusual colours you have used. The backing papers are gorgeous.
I hope you get a little " me" time some time soon.
Hugs
Lesley

Becca Cruger said...

Awwww this is so sweet! What an adorable snowman and I love how you did the snow piles!

Jacee said...

Lovely festive design Marie
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Marie love the colours.
Hugs Julie xxx

Unknown said...

Wow! This is Awesome!! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
EnjoyScrappin2 {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com