Thursday 20 August 2015

Fairies and sentiment

EDITED: Ops! Ended up in draft! So here we go, new try

Morning and hello! Today is my last inspirational post for the AUD sentiment team. - Sad - I need to step down from this lovely team to make time for my kids and their homework. There is also the soccer club where both me and my partner has take on tasks for the youth section of the club, and then there is my poor pen pals that have started to wonder where my letters are. On top of that I have my work training after many years of being home with all my illnesses. I so want to get back to working again and just not only spend my time crafting even if it's great fun. So a little less team work with my beloved crafting and some more family time, or maybe I should say soccer time. LoL

I want to thank both of "Ginnies" and Julie for having me on the team the last year. It have been fun. I have learned to use more sentiments on my cards, not only the ones for AUD sentiments. I have worked with lots of images from companies that I probably wouldn't have picked myself which have put me out of my comfort zone and I have learned from that as well. So a big thank you to the three of you and to the rest of the AUD team and good luck to the new line up. (see I have a few soccer lines...) ;)

So here it is, my final card for AUD sentiments. I have used Hot Chocolate fairy from Sweet Pea stamps. A fun and detailed image to colour. I went on with the pink and brown theme for this card, but had a hard time deciding if it was going to be a Christmas card or birthday card. It landed on neither one. The sentiment say something like "a balanced diet is chocolate in both hands". Now we're talking hot chocolate, but that's chocolate too right? The sentiment is from Bildmålarna if I remember correctly.

The card without the glitter and gloss.

The designer papers are from First Edition I think and I have no clue from what pad. I have lost the front of it. I think that might have been given away to my oldest school. I clean out once ever second year and give the stuff to them to use. I get more room and the kids can have some fun with expensive papers and stamps. A win win as I get to buy new stuff. LoL


With gloss and glitter look

I have kept the card very simple because, well I kind of hit designers block. I had a plan when starting this card a few weeks ago but didn't know how to get where I wanted to go and ended up doing nothing. You know how it can be from time to time. A wooden heart shaped button with some scrappers floss is used to add a little interest. Also some glitter is used on the wings of Miss fairy Chocolate. For the chocolate cup I have used some glossy accent to add a tiny more bit of interest. On the Aud sentiment blogg you can see how it looks with out the glitter and gloss. I decided late last night to add this stuff.

Sponsoring us this challenge is Sweet Pea Stamps. Do go and check out all their fabby images. Lots to chose from and the images will keep you busy as there is many with lots of details to them. So if you're up for a challenge that's the place to go.

Our teammates are using images provided by Sweet Pea Stamps who is pairing up with us to sponsor this challenge.  They are also generously offering a prize for the winner of this challenge!!  If you see an image you like or if you want to shop around in their catalog of images, you can click on their name to go directly to their shop.  Thank you to all the artists from Sweet Pea Stamps!

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

2 comments:

~ginny said...

Awww Marie - what a lovely goodby you have written! We will miss you and your creative talent! This card is an example of that talent - love the pink and brown and the beautiful papers you chose. The very best part for me is the simplicity of the design - letting the image hold the eye, and the wooden heart on the twine that repeats the heart on the string the fairy is holding! Perfect embellishment!
Enjoy your kids and the new job. Don't be a stranger around here!!
~ginny g
RubberMAD

Annie said...

Oh Marie - sad time you leaving. Will miss you. Love your work. Keep in touch. Annie xxx