Wednesday 9 November 2016

Christmas is coming, part 1

Morning and hello! As I have been down with heavy cold again, and it got on my joints again. So I have been staying very still for a week and a half and watched scrap booking videos on You Tube. Found a fabby scrapper going under the name of Mercy Tiara. And doing this card I realized that I have taken one or two of her tips with me. More clusters, more black lines, more wonky lines, staples that I never use. Let me just say, I had a blast making this card!

So here we go. I have used one of the newer christmas images from the Paper Shelter. It's called Santa's family selfie and you find it here. I love this fun, whimsical image that makes me smile, just as a bunch of the other great Christmas images you find over at the paper shelter.


Well going with a modern Santa taking selfies with his family doesn't stop me from using a quite classic Christmas paper collection called December Romance from NitWit collections. I just adore it and love, love, love that it has so much black in it. It totally rocks! The black might not be classic but it works perfect! So execpt from the staples and pearls on the card have I only used bits and pieces from this collection on the card. A a black marker and a white gel pen have helped me getting a little definiton here and there. The sentiment on the image is from a Gummiapan stamp just saying Merry Christmas in Swedish.


I also found some great "in between" paper and cardstock to print the dp's on, and it looks perfect. Too bad that the scrapbook store had ran out of it now when I need more of it. I think it will be perfect to print my digital Project life cards on as well. Looking forward to that as well.


As always when we have a challenge for you over at the Paper Shelter you have the chance of winning a gift voucher worth $30. That is if you're playing with a TPS image. Playing with a different brand gives you a chance of winning three digis of your choice.

Well, I hope you like the card as much as I do, and most of all I had a fabby time making it. Take care and do what makes you happy!

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
TTCRD - Anything goes
A snowflakes promise - the seasons
Sunny day crafting - Anything goes
Crafting musceteers - Christmas Wishes 

12 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, wow what a fabulous card love the papers and your card design is gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxx

Carla's Cards said...

Cute card, thanks for sharing with A Snowflakes Promise!

Marie Bingaman said...

That image is adorable! I love what you've done here...all the tips you picked up worked perfectly! Thanks for sharing this great Christmas card with us at CCAYR! :)

~Marie B -DT

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Marie, just love the cute image. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Crafting Musketeers challenge 43, Hazel, DT - thank you also for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for November. x

MAKKE FOAR DY said...

What a funny and beautifully made christmas card!

Thanks for joining our challenge at Through the craft room door!
Hope to see you back next week!
Aly DT member TTCRD

Pamela said...

Love that image on your beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CCAYR.

Pam x

Creative world said...

Super fun card,awesome design and love all the colors you used,great coloring...thank you for joining us at CRAFT YOUR PASSION CHALLENGE
Ċ½eljka DT xo

chanya13 said...

Cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our Sunny Day Crafting challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!

Cindy said...

Love this image! What a cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR.

Julie said...

Such a fun card. I too just made a card with that image. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra Challenge
Julie T

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X